Shipping for all items to mainland U.K is free of charge. All water softener salt will be dispatched via Parcelforce to the specified delivery address.
Shipping to the European countries is specified on our Shipping page.
The Salt Man will ship your salt as ordered but regret we cannot be responsible or be liable for orders delayed by Parcelforce or any other carrier. We will always text or email you your tracking number the moment it leaves us. To keep up to date with your delivery you will receive notifications via your mobile telephone number or email and your online account.
By all means leave us with delivery instructions if you are going to be out and whilst we always pass these onto the carrier, we cannot guarantee that they will leave them as requested. Some insist on a signature in case the goods go missing.
All goods are checked before they leave our premises and leave in perfect condition. Please open and check your delivery the day you receive it and notify us by email or phone of any missing items or damage to the contents immediately. We ask that you take a photograph of damaged deliveries and email it to us. Delays in reporting missing items or damage may result in charges for replacement items. Thank you.
UK Mainland Salt Pallet Deliveries
All of our UK mainland salt deliveries over 100kg are distributed by the national pallet network.
This applies to 30 or more block salt, 20 or more 10kg tablet/granular and 10 or more 25kg tablet/granular. You will be contacted to arrange a delivery date.
All pallet deliveries will be in an accessible, safe place (flat, non-gravel driveway) and will be the recipients responsiblity to move or unload the pallet. Pallets are left with the recipient and their responsibility to dispose of.
For orders of 138 block salt (1104kg), a fork lift is required to unload and move as required. The pallet company reserves the right to refuse delivery if you do not have a fork lift to unload your order and a further delivery charge will be applied to failed deliveries.
- Any customer who wishes to return any item must in the first instance put the request in writing to the Company. For speed of delivery and administration it is better to use email. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A successful request to return goods will be issued with a RMA number. This is a Return to Merchant Authorisation number and without one, the goods will not be accepted.
- Throughout this returns policy, the instructions assume that the customer is returning an item / items from choice. If the return is being made because of a discrepancy against the order, ignore all point made regarding cost because the cost will be bourne by us.
- Upon receiving a RMA number the customer is then required to communicate and agree with the Company the method of return to the Company by email using the RMA number in the Subject Header of the email. If different goods are being returned, or if multiple quantities are being returned, the customer must be descriptive enough to ensure that the Company is aware of the total value, total weight and each specific product that is being returned.
- Upon receipt of that email the Company will agree with the customer the method of return. If the Company is to collect the goods then a rate for that will be sent to the customer by email so that that charge can be deducted from any refund.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that adequate insurance is purchased for the return of the goods using any method other than our own vehicles. That insurance should reflect the charges they have paid, or would have paid if the order was complete. Any lack of insurance is the liability of the customer.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that all goods being returned are adequately packaged for protection so as to ensure the goods remain in optimum condition during transit. If any damage to the goods is present before return to the Company then that damage should have already been recorded and notified to the Company.
- The issued RMA number is to be clearly marked on the outside of the packaging so it is visible without the package being opened.
- If on return the goods are inspected and are not in the same condition as when they were dispatched to the customer the customer is then liable for that reduction in value and the reduction in value will be deducted from any refund.
- Proof of dispatch back to the Company is not proof of receipt so the customer must ensure that they use a recognised means of return with good tracking and that a signature is required on delivery.
- Returned goods are processed within 48 hours of receipt, provided that they have a RMA number.
- The cost of return of any goods is the responsibility of the customer. The Company accepts no liability for the return cost of any goods for any reason unless it has communicated this fact to the customer in writing before the return is commenced.
- In the event that goods are dispatched to a customer and then returned to the Company by the delivery company / representative because delivery could not be fulfilled the customer warrants to accept the cost of that return and agrees for that cost to be deducted from any refund.
- In the event that goods are dispatched to an address given by the customer and it transpires that the address is incorrect for any reason the customer accepts any costs incurred by the Company in trying to correct the address or in having the delivery returned to the Company. Any further cost of delivery to a second or corrected address is then also accepted by the customer.
- If a customer accepts a delivery then the customer warrants that they have received a complete delivery and without damage unless they have signed to state that the delivery is incomplete and / or damaged or unless they have communicated the difference to us on the same day of receipt.
- All refunds are processed as soon as possible once the return has been received and checked using the same manner of payment as the initial payment was made. If that means the customer needs to supply a bank account or a debit / credit card to accept the refund then the customer agrees to do so in a timely manner.
- Nothing within this procedure is meant to remove any rights that the customer has under current legislation.
- If any individual part of this procedure is deemed to be incompatible with current legislation then it shall be deemed to equate the current legislation only in so much as it needs to in order to comply with the legislation.